Students send swings to pros as lesson requests or may send in advance of an in-person lesson.
If you have an Android, the step-by-step to sending a swing to your pro may look a little different. Follow this link for Android-specific instructions to send a swing to your pro.
Here is how to send a swing when using an iOS device:
- Open the V1 Golf App and log in or create an account.
- Choose the Instructors module located at the bottom of the screen as the third option in the footer menu.
- Click "Select Academy and Pro" and search for your instructor's and their academy. If you need more help during this step, check out our article on Connecting to an Academy and Pro.
- Go the Videos module located as the first option in the footer menu at the bottom of your screen. Scroll through your available swing videos to use an existing video. You can also use the Camera module to capture a new video to send to your instructor. Saving your video capture will import this swing to your Swing view. You may also wish to retrieve an existing swing video located on your phone. You can import a video from your phone by choosing the Camera module and selecting Import in the lower left hand side of the screen.
- In your Swing view, press the three dot icon to the right of the video image you wish to send.
6. Choose "Send Video to my Pro"
If you've shared swings with your instructor in the past, they will be displayed for you. If this is your first time using the online academy features, you may not have a pro listed yet, and will need to use the search and browse tools to select the desired academy and instructor. If you don't know your pro's Academy name, ask them! Once you select an academy, you'll see the list of pros associated to that Academy.
7. Press "Send Video to my Pro" in the new window or click "Change Academy or Pro" if needed.
The app will display a progress meter showing the estimated upload time. Upload time is determined by the size of the file being sent and the speed of the connection being used to send it.
Once the swing capture has been sent to a teaching professional, they will receive an email notifying them of your request.
Once a video is sent (or shared) with your pro, the video will move from your Swings tab to the Lessons tab. It will no longer appear in your Swings tab.
You will see it in the Lessons tab with a status indication and the pro's name. It will show Sent when you send the swing, Accepted when the pro Accepts it, and Completed when the pro has send back their analysis as a lesson.
Other Ways in the App to Send to Pro
There are three places in the V1 Golf app where you can Send or Share a swing with a Pro: the method we just covered, the Video Details page, and the Analyzer page.
Send video to pro from the Video Details page
From the main Videos screen, select the video you would like to send by clicking on the thumbnail of the video. This will take you to the Video Details screen where you will see the Share option in the center.
Click Share and if you already have a Pro associated with your V1 Golf account, your pro's name will show up. Simply hit Send Video Now. If your pro doesn't show up, search the Academies to find and select your Pro (see selection details above).
Send video to pro from the Analyzer screen
The Analyze screen is the one with the markup and drawing tools. Just click on the Share menu and follow the steps outlined above to send this video to your pro.